Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Exploring the best of Brazil! :) A day in Saquarema with my love


Oi gente!

Tudo beleza? Today I have some photos of a beautiful trip my better half and I did last week. We hit the road and went to thRegião dos Lagos, the Lake Region of the state of Rio de Janeiro. The Brazilians amongst you know it for sure - Cabo Frio, Buzios, Arraial do Cabo, it's just heaven on earth! :) We had a wonderful time enjoying the sandy beaches, dips in the cold Ocean and Salgadinhos for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ;) haha Not a good idea for the body, but it's cheap and delicious. :))

Well, from Resende to the Lake Region is quite a drive. It took us about 5 hours to get to Saquarema, the Surf Capital of Brazil. It's located about 100 km north of the city of Rio de Janeiro. Saquarema is famous for its Surfing Championships taking place at Itaúna Beach and it is also home to the Brazilian national volleyball team. 

Very picturesque is also the church named Igreja Nossa Senhora de Nazareth, that sits on a hill overlooking the town and Itaúna Beach. Such a stunning view! Here are some photos for you guys:

Overlooking the Lagoa de Saquarema from the Church hill
Saquarema's beautiful Nossa Senhora de Nazareth Church
Praia da Saquarema
Beautiful Praia da Vila
This is the cemetery of Saquarema
It has great views of Itauna Beach

Time to relax a little with some icecold cerveja! A vida boa! :)

Lovely patio with views of the church
We decided to spend the rest of the day at the beach before heading on to Cabo Frio, where we spent the night. Itaúna Beach is really long and has amazing waves. I was a bit afraid of swimming there though, so I was just enjoying the sunbeams on my skin watching the waves of the wild ocean and loving every moment spent alone with my better half. The world is a so much better place, when you're in love. :)

Itauna Beach!
"And then some days you wake up and everything's perfect..." David Nicholls One Day
It was such a happy day :)

"Here comes the sun. Do do do doo. It's alright." The Beatles :)



Must be fun riding the motorcycle through the sandy beach :)



Well, after the sunset it got a bit chilly so we drove on, stopped at a little view point overlooking the lake of Saquarema, had some Salgadinhos and Guarana for dinner and then went on to our hotel in Cabo Frio. And so a really happy day went to an end. The next day was even more beautiful. Wait til you see the photos. I'll post them soon, I promise. :) Sometimes I just love Brazil!!!

Scenic view from the Mirante do Morro da Cruz

Beijos,

Dani

5 comments:

  1. Oh I live in Saquarema, we have a lovely fruit farm and campsite in the countryside near Bacaxa...I'm an English gringa. :) pleased to meet you and you've done Saquarema proud...such beautiful images (nice camera too I'm guessing). I'm going to try and reblog this as I also have a blogger site (when I figure out how!)
    Maggie@expatbrazil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did manage to reblog on to both campinbrazil.blogspot.com and ruralbrazil.blogspot.com.br. Hope you don't mind but such beautiful images should be shared. :)
    Maggie@expatbrazil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Maggie! Thanks for the lovely comments, of course you can spread the love and share the photos with the rest of the world. I am glad you like them! :)

    Lucky you living in Saquarema - what a gorgeous place. I was browsing through your blogs - really nice! I will keep following for sure.

    Bjs

    ReplyDelete